Arizona car accident lawyers helping drunk driverÂ victims in Yuma, Tucson, Chandler, Glendale and Phoenix.
When youâ€™ve been injured or someone you love has been killed or involved in a drunk driving accident, the anger and grief you experience is made even worse by the knowledge that it wouldnâ€™t have happened if an irresponsible person had not decided to get behind the wheel drunk. Drunk driving in Phoenix and across the nation is a serious problem. Â Contact an experienced Phoenix, AZ DUI collision lawyer that has experience handling wrongful death cases as well if you are someone you love have been injured or killed in an accident that was caused by a drunk driver.
How big a problem is drunk driving?
- Every 60 seconds a person is injured in drunk driving crash.
- Every 50 minutes a person dies in one.
- One in every five drivers surveyed in a nationwide poll admitted to driving drunk at least once in the previous year.
- The average person who gets arrested for DUI has driven drunk 80 times before being caught.
- One out of three people in the U.S. will be in a drunk driving accident.
How is a victim of a drunk driving accident compensated?
While DUI is a crime in all fifty states, the victim of an alcohol-related accident will not automatically be compensated simply because the driver was convicted of DUI. To recover damages caused by a drunk driving crash requires making a claim against the driver and showing that the driverâ€™s negligence was the proximate cause of your injury or loss, and that you actually suffered damages. This is best accomplished by hiring an experienced Phoenix, AZ car accident attorney and suing the driver in civil court.
The driver who caused the accident may be sued in two ways:
- First, if the drunk driver is proven to have caused the accident because of negligent or careless driving, the insurance company covering that driver will be responsible to compensate the person who was injured, or the family of someone who died, for their losses because of the injury or death.
- Second, the driver may also be sued for punitive damages, which are not to compensate the victim for the losses suffered in the accident but to punish the driver for driving drunk.
Do I really need a DUIÂ accident lawyer?
The fault driverâ€™s insurance company would love for you to negotiate an out-of-court settlement directly with them. But you should realize that the insurance adjuster who seems so sympathetic and promises to take care of you is not your friend. The adjuster is employed by the insurance company for the sole purpose of keeping their payment on your case as low as possible. According to some estimates, accident victims who negotiate their own settlement end up with only about a third of the recovery of victims represented by experienced Phoenix, AZ DUI crash lawyers.
If you have been injured or a family member has been killed by the negligence of a drunk driver in Phoenix or elsewhere in Arizona, you deserve fair compensation for your losses. Donâ€™t damage your case by making a mistake dealing with insurance company representatives. Â Contact an experienced wrongful death attorney in Arizona who also has experience handling DUI collision cases for a free legal consultation and legal counsel.
Our Phoenix car accident lawyers can help in your time of need
Before you make any statement or sign any papers, consult the Phoenix, Arizona DUI accidentÂ attorneys at Wattel &Â York. We fight for justice on behalf of the drunk driver victims, and we fight to win. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation and case evaluation; we have offices in Yuma, Chandler, Glendale, Tucson and Phoenix.Â We hold drunk drivers accountable and make them pay. You pay us nothing up front, and nothing at all unless you win.