Medical Malpractice Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix personal injury attorneys representing Arizona residents in medical malpractice and medical negligence cases.
Medical and healthcare professionals have the duty to adhere to recognized medical protocols during patient treatment and care. If you were harmed by the negligent conduct of a doctor, nurse, hospital, healthcare specialist, practitioner or another healthcare attendant, you may seek compensation in a medical malpractice lawsuit to recover damages for your injuries and mistreatment. An experienced Phoenix medical malpractice attorney can help you successfully recover the proper compensation you and your family deserve.
Wattel & York have trusted Phoenix medical malpractice lawyers, known for our tireless advocacy, million-dollar verdicts and the pursuit of justice in Arizona courtrooms. Our legal team handles a wide range of medical malpractice claims for clients in Phoenix, Chandler, Glendale, Tucson, Yuma and throughout the state of Arizona, and has successfully litigated medical negligence actions for more than 40 years. Over the last four decades, we have helped more than 15,000 clients secure maximum compensation after suffering a serious personal injury at the hands of medical providers.
You may have been injured in the following medical environments:
- Doctor’s office
- Treatment center
- Medical out-care center
- Nursing home abuse
- Emergency room errors
- Surgical facility
- Other clinic or healthcare facility
It’s important to remember that Arizona places statutes of limitation on filing a medical malpractice case, which means victims should align themselves with knowledgeable medical negligence attorneys as soon as possible after an emergency room error or diagnostic mistake.
HOW LITIGATION CAN HELP YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES
Research indicates that every year some 98,000 people die as a result of preventable medical errors, whether committed by a midwife, nursing assistant or experienced surgeon. When a health care professional deviates from the accepted standard of care and is determined liable for injuries or wrongful death over the course of medical treatment, they may be ordered to pay substantial reparations in a court of law.
Injuries attributed to a missed cancer diagnosis or other medical mistake are often life-altering in nature. Our Phoenix, AZ medical malpractice attorneys understand the enormous emotional, physical and financial impacts felt by malpractice victims and their families — many of whom may be struggling with hospital expenses, rent payments or mortgage while out of work. If after a thorough investigation, we find that negligent actions or omissions by attending medical providers were to blame, we will work with insurance companies and other implicated parties to ensure your immediate needs are handled swiftly and appropriately.
Compensation obtained in a medical malpractice claim is meant to offset the economic hardships sustained and put victims on the road to recovery. Significant verdicts or settlements in med mal suits also send a message to health care providers that substandard care or treatment will not be tolerated.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE DAMAGES MAY INCLUDE:
When a medical professional veer from known, approved medical protocols, a duty is breached. You may seek damages in a medical malpractice lawsuit for that negligent conduct.
Damages may be sought in a number of areas, depending on the specifics of your case:
- Related medical and hospital bills
- Physical pain and suffering
- Physical disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of income and future earnings
- Rehabilitation and future projected rehabilitation
- Bodily disfigurement
- Emotional and mental pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When you or a family member suffers an injury during or as the result of surgery or botched medical procedure, the question of legal accountability is a complex one. At Wattel & York, our seasoned team of investigators, medical experts and medical malpractice attorneys in Phoenix, AZ are here to help you find that answer by establishing if:
- The doctor or healthcare provider made an error; AND
- That mistake or error in judgment caused or exacerbated your injury, or diminished your chance for successful recovery; AND
- You suffered verifiable damages that justify the costs and time of medical malpractice litigation
COMMON MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ERRORS:
- Errors in surgery
- Blood misidentification and mistyping
- Malpractice leading to birth injuries
- Wrong limb amputation or surgical procedure
- Foreign objects left in the body
- Child injuries
- Unsanitary instruments or environment leading to infection or disease
- MRI, CT Scan error, and misinterpretation
- Anesthesia reaction
- Reaction to medication
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Incorrect diagnosis
- Failure to properly administer medical tests
- Failure to conduct tests resulting in harm
- Emergency room errors
- Failure to act
- Infant brain damage
- Improper diagnosis
- Cerebral palsy caused by oxygen deprivation
- Lack of informed consent
Determining the value of your medical negligence claim is an essential aspect of our representation. Many factors are considered when projecting this value, including:
- If the plaintiff has sustained permanent injuries that necessitate ongoing care
- Whether the plaintiff contributed to their injuries in any way
- If the plaintiff is incapable of working due to the injury
- If the plaintiff’s injuries are so grave that dependents can no longer be supported
- Out-of-pocket expenditures for related medical care and household services
Arizona has no caps on damage awards recovered in medical malpractice lawsuits, but actions generally must be filed within two years of the purported injury, with the assistance of your Phoenix medical malpractice attorney.
COMPLIMENTARY CASE EVALUATION WITH PHOENIX MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYERS
Wattel & York Arizona injury attorneys offer a free case consultation in which you will have the opportunity to ask questions about your particular medical malpractice case. If Wattel & York takes your case, you will not have to pay any upfront legal fees. Attorney fees are deducted from the final settlement or trial award. We will help you obtain medical treatment that you can pay for later from the proceeds of your case. To schedule your free consultation with Wattel & York, Attorneys at Law, please call 877-333-9545.