According to the Center for Disease Control, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death among children in the United States. Children’s injuries are one of the most under-recognized public health problems in the country. If you have a child that has been seriously injured or died as a result of the negligent actions of someone else, contact an experienced Wattel & York Phoenix, AZ child injury attorney and or a wrongful death lawyer in Phoenix, AZ for legal counsel. A substantially larger number of children suffer nonfatal injuries. The data indicates the following:
- Nonfatal injuries:
- 9.2 million children annually went to an emergency department for an unintentional injury
- Males had a higher rate of injuries than females from the ages of 1 to 19
- The leading cause of injuries were slip and falls – approximately 2.8 million emergency room visits
- There are a specific few primary causes that resulted in the majority of nonfatal injuries:
1. Falls – all ages groups under 15
2. Struck by or against an object and animal bites, dog bites or insect strings – children 0 – 9
3. Struck by an object and overexertion – children 10 to 14
4. Struck by or against an object, falls, motor vehicle occupant accidents – 15 to 19
If your child or a child you love and take care of was injured as a result of another’s negligent actions, unsafe home or environment, or for any other reason, you may seek monetary compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. Wattel & York, one of the country’s premier law firms, have settled or successfully tried more than 13,000 cases. With over 40 years of combined experience, Phoenix personal injury lawyers know how to get you compensation that you deserve.
FATAL CHILDREN’S INJURIES:
The Health Day news for Healthier Living indicates that there was an average of 12,175 children, from ages 0 to 9, that died each year in the U.S. from an unintentional injury:
- The death rate for males was nearly twice as much the rate as females
- Males also had a higher injury rate
- Injuries due to transportation were the leading cause of death for children:
- 1. Occupants of motor vehicles in traffic
- 2. Pedal cyclist deaths
- Motor vehicle traffic accidents-related deaths were the leading cause
- Other causes: suffocation (less than 1 year old), drowning (1 to 4 years old), occupant in motor vehicle traffic crash (5 to 19 years old)
- Poisoning was another frequent cause of death
If you have lost a child to death as a result of the negligence of someone else, or if your child’s death was the result of the negligence of someone else, do not hesitate to contact our Wattel & York Phoenix, AZ child injury attorney ASAP.
OBTAIN A COMPLIMENTARY CASE EVALUATION WITH A PHOENIX CHILDREN’S INJURIES ATTORNEY:
The Arizona based child injury attorneys at Wattel & York offer a complimentary consultation to discuss your case. There are no legal fees unless we win your case. Wattel & York serves clients in Phoenix, Chandler, Glendale, Tucson, Yuma and throughout the Arizona. We also have offices in California and Washington. To schedule your free consultation, contact us at 877-333-9545 or fill out the convenient form on the website.