Phoenix Auto Accident Attorneys offering free legal consultations to injury victims throughout Arizona, including Chandler, Glendale, Tucson, and Yuma.
At Wattel & York, Auto Accident Lawyers, our attorneys have extensive experience in handling crash injury cases and make it a point to investigate every possible contributing cause of an accident to make sure you receive full compensation. You take the time you need to recover from the trauma of your injuries while we take over the investigation. We will help you find the right medical specialist for your injuries and will work with the specialists so that any payment to them can be delayed until your case is completed, whether it is by settlement or trial.
Millions of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents each year – many very seriously. According to statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, someone in the United States is involved in a car accident every 10 seconds. In 2016, an estimated 34,439 people were killed and 2,177,000 people were injured in traffic accidents.
Here are some other startling facts:
- Motor vehicle crashes continue to be the leading cause of injury or wrongful death in the United States for people ages 3 to 33.
- Motor vehicle crashes took the lives of 1,233 (3%) children (ages 14 years and younger), and 9% of drivers killed in accidents were between the ages of 15 and 20 years old in 2016. Older adults (over 65), with 6,764 deaths in 2016, continue to be a high-risk age group for motor vehicle fatalities.
- Across the United States, 5,987 pedestrians died from traffic-related injuries. 2016 experienced the highest number of pedestrian deaths since 1990.
- In 2016, 28% of traffic fatalities were alcohol-related. Either the driver or an affected person (e.g., a pedestrian or bicyclist) had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of at least 0.08 grams per deciliter (g/dl). An average of one fatality every 51 minutes.
- In 2016 Traffic Fatalities rose by 6% over 2015 across the United States. In Arizona, the percentage was slightly higher at 7%.
In the case of car accidents, fault is usually determined by the law of negligence. If a person negligently operates a vehicle and damage is caused to another person or property, that person may be required to pay any incurred damages. People must exercise a standard called “reasonable care under the circumstances” when driving a car. Failure to do so is often the basis for determining damages that are caused by an accident.
LEARN MORE FROM OUR PHOENIX CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
An auto accident attorney at Wattel & York can advise you as to which factors can contribute to the question of a driver’s negligence, which courts look for in determining fault. Some of these factors, but not all, are:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving too fast or too slow
- Not signaling when turning
- Disregarding weather or traffic conditions
- Ignoring traffic signs or signals
- Failing to drive on the proper side of the road
Liability may also be found when an accident is caused by intentional or reckless conduct. A reckless driver is one who drives in an unsafe manner and with willful disregard for the possibility that the driving may cause an accident and injure someone.
There are many different types of auto accidents that fall under the “Motor Vehicle Accident” category types of accidents. Some of the most common types of auto accident cases include the following:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Fender bender
- Rear-ended collisions
- Distracted driving collisions
- Drunk driving crashes
- Highway accidents
- Taxi cab accidents
- Public transportation accidents
Accidents can also be caused by factors that are unrelated to a driver’s conduct. Under the law of product liability, an automobile manufacturer or supplier may be held responsible for damages that result from an accident. A product liability lawsuit can be brought against the seller or manufacturer of a product if it is deemed defective and played a role in an accident. This goes beyond a defective part, however – if the design, development, and/or labeling of the product is at fault, the manufacturer is liable for damages.
Other examples of possible cases include faulty vehicle repairs by mechanics, malfunctioning traffic signals, poorly maintained roads, and the improper design, construction, maintenance, lighting, etc., of a highway. Lastly, a drinking establishment may be liable for damages if they continued to serve alcohol to a guest who is obviously intoxicated and who ultimately drives and causes damage in an accident.
CHOOSE AN AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYER ARIZONA TRUSTS
If you or someone you love has been a victim of an automobile accident, speak to a car accident attorney in Phoenix, AZ now at (877) 572-4143 or submit a simple case form. An initial consultation with us is free of charge, and if we take your case, we will work on a contingent fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary award or recovery of funds. You may have a valid claim and are entitled to compensation for your injuries. But remember, a lawsuit must be filed before the statute of limitations expires. After a car accident, your property damage should be a top priority. Our firm has a property damage division that will assist you in getting your vehicle repaired, into a rental as soon as possible and pursue a possible diminished value claim. If you would like to learn more about diminished value please read our diminished value guide.
For a car accident lawyer Phoenix residents have relied on for superior legal representation for decades, call Wattel & York, Arizona Attorneys At Law now! We have four offices across Arizona including Chandler, from the West Valley region all the way to Tucson and Yuma. Got A Legal Question? Call Dave and Mike or visit www.calldaveandmike.com .