10 WORST TOYS OF 2014 POSE SAFETY RISKS TO CHILDREN
The product liability attorneys of Wattel & York wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season! With Thanksgiving festivities over, Arizona families everywhere are switching into holiday gear, and making sure everyone’s wish list is fulfilled. But before you shop til’ you drop for your little ones, we’d like to alert parents about a newly published list of potentially dangerous and defective toys, released by World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. (W.A.T.C.H.).
The organization’s “10 Worst Toys of 2014” pose all sorts of safety hazards to toddlers and young children and should not be in your child’s hands this holiday season.
PRODUCTS THAT MADE THE “10 WORST TOYS” LIST
When manufacturers put sales before consumer safety, dire consequences often result – especially when those products are put in the hands of kids. If your child was harmed or suffered in any way from the following products, our Arizona dangerous toy lawyers offer expert legal advice on your best options for recourse.
This year’s list included bottle rockets, bows and arrows, and toy guns – all of which are sold at popular retail outlets like Toys R Us and Walmart. We hope that parents will think again before purchasing any of these seemingly safe toys, which have the potential for strangulation, impact and choking injuries.
Top 10 worst toys include:
- AIR STORM FIRETEK BOW, manufactured by Zing
- RADIO FLYER ZIGGLE has the risk of impact injuries
- CATAPENCIL, manufactured by Toysmith
- ALPHABET ZOO ROCK & STACK PULL TOY comes with risk of entanglement
- SWAT ELECTRIC MACHINE GUN, distributed by Junxing Toys Industrial Co.
- WOODEN INSTRUMENTS, sold at Walmart has risk of choking injuries
- BOTTLE ROCKET PARTY, potential for face and eye injuries
- LiL’ CUTESIES – BEST FRIENDS, manufactured by JC Toys Group
- TRUE LEGENDS ORCS BATTLE HAMMER, carries risk of blunt impact injuries
- COLORED HEDGEHOG, sold at Toys R US – risk of ingestion
Since W.A.T.C.H.’s “10 Worst Toys” conference in 2013, at least 17 recalls have been issued for dangerous or defective children’s toys, which affected more than 4,800,000 products distributed in the U.S. and Canada.
Even toys that have been manufactured in compliance with FDA regulatory standards have later proven to be dangerous when used as intended, illustrating a flawed system in which recalls are enacted only after innocent children have suffered serious personal injury or death.
Even more alarming is the fact that many parents are not made aware of recent toy recalls and therefore may not know that a hazardous product is sitting in their child’s bedroom.
ARIZONA TOY DEFECT LAWYERS PROTECTING YOUR CHILDREN
When a child is injured by a dangerous or defective toy, the parents often have the right to sue for legal compensation on the basis of inadequate premarket testing, design and/or manufacturing flaws and a failure to warn.
Boasting more than 40 years of combined experience in product liability litigation, Wattel & York lawyers can help parent get the compensation they deserve in the wake of a child’s injury from a defective toy.
To arrange a complimentary consultation with a skilled Phoenix child injury attorney, please call 877-333-9545.
- ToySafety.org, W.A.T.C.H.’s Nominees for the 42nd Annual “10 Worst Toys” Report http://toysafety.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/10-Worst-Toys-2014.pdf
- SafeKids.org, NOVEMBER 2014 CHILDREN’S PRODUCT SAFETY RECALLS https://www.safekids.org/november-2014-childrens-product-safety-recalls
Find more like this: Personal Injury , child injury, personal injury lawyer, product liability, toy recall