Wattel & York¬†Scholarship Award
Arizona personal injury firm Wattel & York¬†is pleased to announce an annual¬†scholarship opportunity to benefit¬†single mothers¬†who wish to attain a college or graduate degree.¬†Higher education in this country is expensive and competitive, and yet such¬†challenges pale in comparison to those faced by single mothers who must go the extra mile to raise the funds, raise their children, and rise to the challenge of academic competition all at the same time.
Our goal is to provide an additional resource for single mothers who need financial assistance¬†as they meet¬†the demands imposed by¬†single motherhood and academia. To that end, we have created the Wattel & York Annual Scholarship Award to provide assistance. Please¬†read on for eligibility requirements.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship award, all¬†applicants¬†must be single mothers attending any of the following institutions:
- Graduate school
- 4-year US accredited college
- Junior College with plans to earn a 4-year degree
- High school (with demonstrative intention of attending college)
All candidates must¬†submit a copy of their most current school transcript reflecting a minimum¬†GPA of 3.0.
Candidates must submit a an essay with a minimum of 1,000 words that answers the following three questions:
- Describe the challenges of being a single mother while pursuing your degree.
- How have the challenges of motherhood prepared you to meet your academic demands?
- How will completing your college education (or advanced degree) change the course of¬†the future for you and your child/children?
Applicants must comply with the following:
- Please include your full name, current phone number, physical address, email address.
- Applicants must complete and sign the attached PDF application form and submit with other required¬†materials. You may download the PDF form here.
- Applications must be sent via email with Word or PDF attachments¬†only.
- Proof of attendance or acceptance at an accredited school as outlined above.
- Copy of your most recent official school transcript that¬†shows a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Scholarship Award: $1,000
The scholarship¬†will be awarded to two applicants, each¬†will receive $500 to be applied¬†toward tuition, books and housing at a US junior college, 4-year college or university, or graduate program.
- All applications must be received by December 31.
- Please submit all applications via email to:¬†D.Guzman@WattelandYork.com
All applicants agree that by submitting an application: Wattel & York¬†may post essays and any images¬†submitted¬†by the applicants on any affiliated firm website or¬†social media platform.
Please submit any questions to:D.Guzman@WattelandYork.com